Tackle for canals
- Box or chair and bag
- Float Rod (soft action waggler rod)
- Fixed Spool reel correctly loaded with 4lb mainline
- Waggler Floats (Balsa Canal Grey type) ranging from 4BB to 2AAA
- Mixed shot dispenser (ranging from BB down to No 10)
- Packet of AAA shot
- Hooks to nylon (size 22 to .08mm line and size 20 to .12mm line)
- Landing Net and Handle
- Rod Rest
- Bait and bait box
Alternatively you could use a pole in which case, instead of the Rod and reel, you will need:
Pole with spare top kit (one elasticated with No3 and one with No 5 elastic)
A selection of basic rigs (see Tips & Rigs section).
If you intend to start fishing with a pole then it is essential that you buy a Seat Box as this will allow you to adopt the correct sitting position and minimise the risk of back ache or injuries.