Find a Coach
In order to ensure the standards of coaching across all disciplines of angling in Scotland, the SFCA has joined with the other two angling SGBs, Scottish Anglers National Association (SANA) and the Scottish Federation of Sea Anglers (SFSA) to develop a single coach licensing scheme.
This scheme is run on behalf of the three SGBs by the Angling Development Board of Scotland (ADBoS).
In order to obtain a angling coaching license in Scotland, applicants need to meet certain key criteria which include:
- Being a member of one of the three SGBs.
- Hold a UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC) at either Level 1 or 2
- Be Enhanced Disclosure/PVG Checked
- Have attended Child protection Training in the past 12 months.
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate
- Hold Public Liability and Personal Accident Insurance to cover their activities
- Have completed a minimum of 8 hours coaching in the past 12 months or be assessed by the relevant SGB as being competent.
- Attend at least one ADBoS CPD event in the previous 12 months
- Provide two character references.