Become a Coach
Do you want to put something back into the sport, or simply help others to get the same enjoyment from angling that you do? The perhaps you should consider becoming a qualified coach.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to be a top match or specimen angler to be a coach. If you are a competent angler with good communication skills and an enthusiasm for the sport we want to hear from you.
Becoming an angling coach will provide you with:
- A recognised qualification in the form of a UKCC
- On application a Angling Development Board of Scotland (ADBoS) Coach License
- Appropriate training to develop your coaching skills
- The ability to pass on your angling knowledge and skills confidently and safely to other people
- Recognition from governing bodies, clubs, fisheries , Community Sports Hubs, Schools and Local Authorities as being qualified and safe to coach angling
How do I become an angling coach?
Download an information pack here:
- Level 1 Info Sheet (MS word)
- Level 2 Info Sheet (MS Word)
- Level 1 Assessment Outline (MS Word)
- Guidance for Applying for Exemption from Level 1 (PDF)
- SFCA Coach Application Form (MS Word)
- Coach Applicant Reference Form (MS Word)
Watch this website for forthcoming course dates or to register interest.
You can also find out more about what the SFCA coaches are doing, including best practices in coaching via the SFCA Coaching page on Facebook.
For any further enquiries contact
SFCA Coaching Officer