The Scottish Federation for Coarse Angling (SFCA) is committed to working with clubs, fisheries, angling projects and individuals who give up their time to work within the sport of coarse angling in Scotland.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of many small Scottish Governing Bodies and the SFCA like the majority of sports bodies could not operate without them. Within angling, volunteers can participate in literally hundreds of roles.
You could become:
- a coach or coach assistant
- a coach tutor or assessor
- a club secretary, treasurer or even chairman
- angling team manager
- an equity or child protection officer
- or simply help to run or organise competitions and events
Benefits of becoming an angling volunteer
Some of the benefits of becoming a volunteer include:
- developing new skills
- access to training and resources
- gaining hands on experience
- meeting new people
- helping others
- improved confidence
- making a valuable contribution towards the development of angling
What can the SFCA do for you?
The SFCA is currently developing resources, support materials and services to help clubs and volunteers involved in angling.
- a Volunteer Guide
- job roles, job descriptions and other guidance including templates that clubs can use
- access to coach education training
- opportunities to work with the SFCA
- development programmes
- Disclosure Scotland checks
- advice on the legislation relating to safeguarding and protecting children
- advice on accessing resources to support your training needs
Become a Volunteer
The SFCA takes great care in ensuring that the individuals accepted into posts within the Federation are appropriately qualified, vetted, interviewed and where applicable Disclosure Checked for the duties that they will be expected to undertake. For this reason the SFCA applies the same recruitment policy and procedures to all applicants, irrespective of the post that they are applying for. These procedures can be found at the following link:
Apply to become a Volunteer with the SFCA or a Member Club. Download an Application form by clicking the link below:
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org