INTERNATIONAL TEAM MANAGER CALLS FOR NOMINATIONS
I would like to formally request nominations to represent Scotland in this year’s International Events.
In the past few years we have increased the size of the squad, introducing new anglers to great effect in the Celtic Cup and Sensas Challenge. This is something that I am keen to continue to do. Indeed, with the continuing success of the International Team leading to an increase in the number of events we are invited to field team in, it is essential. You will also see that if possible I would like to see Scotland enter two major events for the first time in 2014. Firstly, the Feeder World Championships which will be held on Iniscarra in Ireland in July and also the Under 23 Division of the World Youth Championships in Holland the same month. This will obviously depend on the nominations levels and associated costs
The events we are planning to compete in during 2014 are:
- 8/9th March – Sensas Challenge, Great Ouse, Littleport, England
- 13th July – Fish O Mania Home International, Cudmore Fisheries, England
- 19/ 20 July – World Feeder Championships, Iniscarra , Ireland
- 8/9 August – Celtic Cup, Magiscroft , Scotland
- 13/14 September- World Championships, Sveta Marija, Craotia
- September (tbc)- Maver Mega Match This, Larford Lakes, England
- 25/26 July – World Youth Championships (Under 23) Assen, Holland
- 8/9 August – Under 19 Celtic Cup, Magiscroft Scotland
Due to changes in the funding arrangements all those selected will be required to actively engage in fund raising activities. The cost of representing Scotland is sadly at present borne solely by the individuals selected. Individuals should therefore consider the financial implications when making their decision to nominate and if they have any concerns should contact me to discuss them.
More information on selection criteria including the key attributes I look for in an International Angler can be found by clicking the following link:
Please return your nominations either via your club or direct to me by 22 February 2014 to email@example.com. Junior nominations can be sent to the same email address or be directed to the Junior Team Manager Allan Pellow.
If you require any more information please contact me directly.
International Team Manager